INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF THE KYRGYZ REPUBLIC (IUKR) – GENERAL INFORMATION
International University of the Kyrgyz Republic (IUKR) with the status of an international higher educational institution, was established in 1993 by Decree of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic (signed on 11.03.1993).
It is the leading university of the country, has rich experience and traditions, offers high-quality educational services that meet requirements of the global educational space.
IUKR professionally prepares highly qualified specialists demanded in labour market.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT IUKR
- contemporary study programmes developed jointly with IUKR partner-universities;
- high quality education offered at the leading foreign universities of the world;
- highly qualified faculty;
- learning is in English language. Opportunity to improve English language skills at preparatory courses;
- credits received during the study at European universities shall be acknowledged by IUKR;
- 2002 — IUKR is the first university of the Kyrgyz Republic signed the Great University Charter in Bologna;
- 2007 — IUKR started issuing the Diploma Supplement of the European standard (DS) that is necessary for international mobility and acknowledgement of diploma to get employed abroad;
- IUKR campus is located in the center of the capital.
2001 – Winner of BID’s (Business Initiative Directions) Award «International Gold Star for Quality» in Education, Geneva (Switzerland)
2002 – IUKR signed the Great University Charter in Bologna
2003 – IUKR introduced a European credit transfer system (ECTS)
2007 – IUKR started to issue the Diploma Supplement of the European standard (DS) that is necessary for international mobility and acknowledgement of diploma to get employed abroad
2007 – Winner of the International Award «European Quality» for achievement of high standards in education. Award founders: The Club of the Rectors of Europe (CVCE), The European Business Assembly (ЕВА), Varna (Bulgaria)
2007 – Winner of the international award «International Quality» in the category «PLATINUM» for active work, high-quality work, application of effective action models, development and implementation of a quality management strategy and achievement of high results, International Quality Summit, London.
2014 – IUKR received the BBB level and entered the four hundred leading universities of the world in ARWUES rating.
2015 – Winner of the International Award «Best for High Quality Services – Kyrgyzstan 2015» of the International Fund Awards for high quality of educational services and achievement of high results of work, London
Currently, more than 5000 students are studying at the University, of which 2000 are foreign citizens.