The main missions of the international department are as follows:
- To improve and strengthen the reputation of the University in the international arena.
- To implement the main strategic objectives of the University, aimed at achieving an international level of competitiveness of the results of educational and research activities, increase the number and effectiveness of international treaties and agreements.
- To prepare a draft of the agreements, protocols of intent, agreements with foreign educational institutions, organizations and firms.
- To implement of exchange programs for students, employees and teachers of the university with foreign universities, information and analytical activity — search, analysis and provision of information about grants, competitive programs and other opportunities for gaining training experience, research activities abroad to students, teachers and staff, to organize and hold international events: conferences, seminars, festivals, lectures, international summer schools.
- To organize the reception of foreign partners (experts, specialists, faculty), the organization of the cultural program, excursions, coordination of the activities of working groups for the preparation of applications for participation in joint international projects, to provide technical support and to consult during the preparation of applications
- Currently, the International University of Kyrgyzstan offers students the following types of programs:
- Double diploma program: The “double diploma” program involves training in a foreign partner institution with a diploma of training in the educational program of the institution.
- Language internships: Language internships are an intensive foreign language course abroad. Duration — 2-4 weeks
- Burgas Free University – Bulgaria
- Guglielmo Marconi University — Italy
- University of Bologna – Italy
- Varna Free University — Bulgaria
- Pan-European University — Slovakia
- Riga Technical University — Latvia
- University of Turib — Latvia
- South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical University — Kazakhstan
Vice-Rector for International Relations of the Western Campus
Dzhangaziev Kalmurat Ishenovich